We highlight what to expect this quarter and recap Q2 2018’s key regulatory developments.
FinReg’s Q3 Game Changers:
- GDPR set a high bar for data security when it took effect in May. But its aim to enhance and harmonize data protection laws across Europe are only the beginning of what we see as a revolution to change privacy and data standards globally.
- The Brexit countdown clock continues to tick. Will negotiations in Q3 show material progress? We look at what asset managers should be doing in the meantime.
- Decisions remain for EU Money Market Fund Regulation and there are significant wrinkles to iron out ahead of this month’s implementation. Some retain faint hope of a late reprieve for euro constant NAV funds, but time is fast running out.
What We Learned from Q2:
- In May, China’s QDII reached a $100 billion milestone. Asset managers should pay attention, as China continues to open its financial markets to new investment opportunities.
- As EU financial centers work to position themselves as hubs for certain post-Brexit activities, Luxembourg looks to be the center of green investment growth.
- The US SEC kept their promise to take up the retail investor protection baton from the DoL. And that could be good news for US ETFs.
Top On The Regs Posts of Q2:
- Time to Get Data Protection Ready (GDPR) | Read more
- Asset Managers Step Up Post-Brexit Plans, Despite Promise of Transition Period | Read more
- Why Asset Managers Should Pay Attention to the Plumbing | Read more
Want to receive On The Regs Quarterly Updates directly in your inbox? Click here to subscribe.